Saturday, October 15, 2011

High and Dry

This week in class we discussed some very interesting things: Gender differences. There are so many but what I really learned that kind of shocked me was that a lot of the gender differences are social. Because little boys see other little boys playing with trucks they do to. Or there parents because they are a boy buy them trains instead of dolls. I also learned about being accepting of our children if they are a little different. They aren't born gay, society just tells them that they are. I liked what one girl said in class when she said that "we should teach kids correct labels to what they do rather than connecting it to emotions. For example I like to paint I am and artist, versus I like to paint I must be gay." There are so many things in society that we can really get wrong and persuade people in the wrong direction. What I really got out of class is to just love and accept everyone, you don't have to accept the behavior but you do have to love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment