Thursday, September 29, 2011

King of the Rodeo

Tradition vs. Rule: This was something that I started to think a lot about in our last class. We were discussing family rules in my group we were having issues with deciding if it is a family rule or a tradition. An example of this would be Family Dinner. As a little kid it was a rule that you came home and we all ate dinner together, but now it seems more like a tradition that formed from a rule. It seems to me that a lot of family traditions can turn into rules, as well as rules can turn into traditions. Some one mentioned that if a family tradition isn't done when it is supposed to some family members can get angry. Which to me says it is a rule more than a tradition. It is interesting to think about. I wonder there have been studies done about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment